About Taylor County Middle School
The mission of Taylor county Middle School is to provide in a safe environment, an educational program that contributes to the development of each student as an individual in order for him or her to successfully function in our continually changing, diverse society.
- Student learning being the chief priority for the school, students' learning needs should be the primary focus of all educational decisions of the school.
- Students need to apply their learning in meaningful context and need to be instructed in a variety of ways to support their learning process and engaging them in the learning process.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs, and curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities that include the use of technology.
- Optimum learning takes place in a positive atmosphere of trust and harmony where students and staff members feel safe and are treated with respect and dignity.
- A commitment to continuos improvement is imperative among teachers, administrators, parents and the community, who share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission, if students are to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.